I recently heard my cistern overflowing. On investigation I decided to adjust the float level to stop it by reducing the height to which the water in the cistern rose when it filled. A few days later I heard the distinct sound of the cistern overflowing again. I then realised I needed to repair my Toilet Silent Fill Valve.
This Post’s Main Contents
- What Is The Valve Called?
- Old & New Fill Valves Compared
- Why Is It Silent?
- Syphoning Back From Cistern To Supply
- Accessing My Toilet Silent Fill Valve
- Cistern Overflows
- My Toilet Silent Fill Valve Parts
- Flushing The Cistern With The Lid Off
- Turning Off My Cistern’s Water Supply
- Repairing My Toilet Silent Fill Valve
- Flow Restrictors & Filters
- My Silent Fill Valve Has Been Superseded