There are three Mains Extension Cable Safety issues covered in this post which are:
- A UK 13 Amp Mains Extension Cable Safety Issue where socket can become dangerously exposed. I came across it by chance when I landed on the PlugSafe site. I’ve linked to their site in this post so you can see what they have to say about the subject. I’ve also produced my own pictures depicting the problem so you can see what I’m referring to. Full credit to PlugSafe for making us all aware.
- A fire risk due to overheating of coiled up mains extension cables when used for heavy loads.
- A risk of shock when using old 13A plugs which don’t have insulated pins for Live and Neutral connections.